Internet Infidels : Copyright Release Form
AGREEMENT made as of the ______ day of ____________, 20___, between ___________________________ (the "Author"), located at ______________________________ and Internet Infidels, Inc., a Colorado nonprofit corporation (the "Publisher") having its principal business location at P.O. Box 142, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-0142.
1. Author agrees that Publisher may publish Author's article entitled ______________________________ (the "Work") on Publisher's website(s) (the "Website"). The description of the Work is as follows:
2. Publisher has the right to edit or otherwise change the Work subject to approval by Author. Author also agrees to promptly make such changes in the Work as Publisher may request if Author agrees with such changes. Publisher retains the right to accept or reject the Work outright or after changes have been made by Author and delivered to Publisher. Publisher is under no obligation to publish the Work on the Website or otherwise apply the Work to any specific purpose. In the event the Publisher fails to publish the Work on Website within 120 days after acceptance of the Work then this Agreement will be terminated and all rights in the Work shall revert to the Author.
3. The Author grants, assigns and transfers to Publisher the following designated rights and interests in and to the Work, in whole or in part, alone or in combination with other works, and in all languages:
(a) Nonexclusive worldwide World-Wide-Web/Internet rights to publish, distribute and archive the Work on Website during the term of copyright in the Work;
4. The Author represents and warrants either that the Work has not previously been published elsewhere, or that prior publication has been disclosed and there are no copyrights in effect which would preclude publication or require compensation by the Internet Infidels. In addition, the Author represents and warrants that the Work is original except for excerpts from previously published works which fall within the bounds of fair use or for which permission to include has been secured from the copyright owners thereof; that it contains no matter which is libelous, unlawful or which infringes upon anyone's proprietary rights, including, but not limited to statutory or common law copyright; that it does not violate any right of privacy; that the statements in the Work are or will be true; and that the Author is the sole Author and proprietor of said Work and the sole owner of all the rights granted to Publisher, and has full power to enter into this Agreement. The Author will indemnify and hold harmless Publisher, its licensees, and any seller of the Work from any claim, suit, damage, loss or expense (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of any breach or any allegation which if true would constitute a breach of any of the foregoing warranties or representations.
5. The Author for publicity purposes gives Publisher permission to use the Author's name and only biographical information and a likeness provided by the Author in all forms of media and in all manners in connection with the advertising and promotion of the Work.
6. Author agrees that Author is undertaking the services provided hereunder as an independent contractor and not as an employee of Publisher.
7. Publisher may assign this Agreement in whole or in part and Agreement shall be binding upon and benefit successors and assigns of Publisher.
8. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado. Exclusive jurisdiction of all disputes hereunder shall lie in the State and Federal Courts sitting Colorado, to whose jurisdiction the parties submit.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have signed this Agreement as of the date set forth above.
|Top of Page|