Brief Biography of
James Joseph Lippard
Name: James Joseph Lippard
Birth Date (YYYY): 1965
- B.A. Philosophy 1988, Arizona State University
- M.A. Philosophy 1991, University of Arizona
- Ph.D student, Human and Social Dimensions of Science and Technology, Arizona State University
- "Historical But Indistinguishable Differences: Some Notes on Victor Reppert's Paper," Philo 2(1, Spring-Summer 1999): 45-47.
- "Skeptics Seek the Cold Hard Truth," Internet Underground vol. 1, no. 10, September 1996, p. 65.
- "Foreword," in Suitbert Ertel and Kenneth Irving, The Tenacious Mars Effect, London: The Urania Trust, 1996, pp. iii-iv.
- "Skeptics and the 'Mars Effect': A Chronology of Events and Publications," in Ertel and Irving, pp. A-2-1 to A-2-26.
- "Charles Fort," in Gordon Stein, editor, Encyclopedia of the Paranormal, Buffalo: Prometheus, 1996, pp. 277-281.
- "Jim Lippard: From Fundamentalism to Open-ended Atheism," in Edward T. Babinski, editor, Leaving the Fold: Testimonies of Former Fundamentalists, Buffalo: Prometheus, 1995, pp. 321-327.
- "Scientology v. the Internet: Freedom of Speech and Copyright on the Information Super-Highway," Skeptic vol. 3, no. 3, 1995, pp. 35-40, co-authored with Jeff Jacobsen.
- Review of Duane Gish, Creation Scientists Answer Their Critics, Perspectives in Science and Christian Faith vol. 46, no. 3, September 1994, pp. 193-195.
- "Update on the Ark Hoax," Skeptic vol. 2, no. 4, 1994, p. 25.
- "Sun Goes Down in Flames: The Jammal Ark Hoax," Skeptic vol. 2, no. 3, 1994, pp. 22-33.
- "Veteran Psychic Detective: Bill Ward," in Joe Nickell, editor, Psychic Sleuths: ESP and Sensational Cases, Buffalo: Prometheus, 1994, pp. 86-103.
- "How Not To Argue With Creationists," Creation/Evolution # XXIX, Winter 1991-1992, pp. 9-21.
- More complete list at http://www.discord.org/~lippard/publications.html
Homepage URL: http://www.discord.org/