Brief Biography of
Publishing on the Secular Web is not necessarily an endorsement of the mission of the Internet Infidels. Please note that Stephen Parrish has no interest in promoting metaphysical naturalism or the products advertised on this site.
Name: Stephen Elliott Parrish
Birth Date (YYYY.MM.DD): 1952.3.22
- A.A. Liberal Arts, Schoolcraft College, 1972.
- B.S. Biology and Chemistry, Eastern Michigan University, 1975.
- A.M.L.S. Library Science, The University of Michigan, 1979.
- M.A. Philosophy, Wayne State University, 1984.
- Ph.D. in Philosophy, Wayne State University, 1991.
Titles: Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Collection Management Librarian, Concordia University, Ann Arbor. Adjunct Professor of Philosophy, Wayne State University.
- God and Necessity: A Defense of Classical Theism (Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1997; rev. edn. 2001)
- See the Gods Fall: Four Rivals to Christianity (Joplin, MO: College Press, 2000). With Francis J. Beckwith
- The Mormon Concept of God: A Philosophical Analysis (Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 1991). With Francis J. Beckwith
- Necessary Being and the Theistic Arguments
- Finitistic Theism and Teleology
- "A Critique of Objectivist Metaethics," The Journal of Ayn Rand Studies. Vol. 4, No. 2 (Spring 2003): 305-320.
- "A Tale of Two Theisms: The Philosophical Usefulness of the Classical Christian and Mormon Concepts of God" in The New Mormon Challenge ed. by Francis J. Beckwith, Carl Moser, and Paul Owens (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2002)
- "Theodore Drange on the Fine-Tuning Argument: A Critique." Philosophia Christi. Series 2, Vol. 1:2 (1999): 73-87.
- "A Reply to Drange." Philosophia Christi. Series 2, Vol. 2:1 (2000): 69-74.
- "Yandell on Temptation and Necessity." Philosophia Christi. Vol. 20:2 (Winter 1997): 57-62.
- "The Mormon God, Omniscience, and Eternal Progression." Trinity Journal 12NS (Fall 1991). With Francis J. Beckwith.
- "Mormon Theism and the Argument from Design." Criswell Theological Review (Spring 1991). With Francis J. Beckwith.
- "Review of The Risen Jesus and Future Hope by Gary Habermas," Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (forthcoming).
- "Review of Five Views on Apologetics ed. by Steven B. Cowan," Philosophia Christi. Series 2, Vol. 2:1 (2000): 131-133.
- "Review of Our Knowledge of God ed. by Kelly James Clark," Michigan Theological Review (1994)
- "Review of Logic, God and Metaphysics ed. by James Harris," Michigan Theological Review (1994)
- "Review of Theism, Atheism, and Big Bang Cosmology by William Lane Craig and Quentin Smith," Michigan Theological Journal (1994).
- "Review of Information Theory and Molecular Biology by Hubert Yockey," Criswell Theological Journal (Fall 1993).
- "Review of What is Truth? by James Emery White," Criswell Theological Journal (Fall 1993).
- "Review of The Case Against Christianity by Michael Martin," Christian Research Journal (Fall 1993).
- "Counter-Rebuttal to Martin," Christian Research Journal (Fall 1994).
- Lutheran Church Missouri Synod